Daily Archives: February 12, 2015
Posted by Navin Rane
We are looking for Merchandising Manager-Apparel for a leading International Retail Brand for their Head Office in Bangalore. Mail your applications to email@example.com or call 09833341077.
The Merchandising Manager reports to the Country Merchandising Manager – Apparel and works closely with sales, retail, planning and operations teams. Also works very closely with World Cat team. The position has reporting from Merchandisers and Assistant Merchandisers and works with them very closely giving them not just general direction but also specific inputs on day to day working.
Basic Function: To build the most profitable, balanced, customer focused Apparel range which reflects the brand strategy and to manage retail merchandising to deliver maximum sales, margin and profit to retail business.
- Budgeting and planning for the category keeping in mind the targeted category contribution, sales and margin.
- Range selection and Buying to reflect brand strategy as well as country’s specific needs
- Pricing, keeping in mind competition price benchmarking and company strategy.
- Supervising Retail Allocations keeping in mind right product right door. Involves understanding of Grading/Banding/Clustering of Retail doors.
- Optimizing SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) efficiency, ASP(Average Selling Price) and ROS in retail.
- Ensuring timely launch and inward planning for the store.
- Supervising periodic replenishments for controlled locations.
- Controlling inventory levels through regular sales/sell thru analysis and discounting of old stocks based on targeted margins.
- Market study to keep in touch with market trends, competition pricing and new innovations.
- Coordination with International teams and sending reports to Global Retail and Wholesale as per the standard process.
- Support the wholesale merchandising team for range presentation during sell in.
- MBA/AMM/GMT from reputed institute with 5-6 years of relevant experience
- Analytical and numerical skills, Good oral and written communication, Presentation skills, Negotiation skills, Multitasking, People Management, Time Management.